air testing New Jersey Mold Contractors
New Jersey Mold Contractors - Home Page
mold spores
FAQ's Black mold

What are molds?
Molds are simple, microscopic organisms, presented virtually everywhere, indoors and outdoors. Molds are fungi and are needed to break down dead material and recycle nutrients in the environment. For molds to grow and reproduce, they need only a food source - any organic material, such as leaves, wood, paper, or dirt and moisture. Because molds grow by digesting the organic materials, they gradually destroy whatever they grow on. Sometimes, new mold grows on old mold colonies. Mold growth on surfaces can often be seen in the form of discoloration, frequently green, gray, brown or black mold but also white and other colors. Mold release countless tiny, lightweight spores, which travel through the air.

How am I exposed to indoor molds?
Everyone is exposed to some mold on a daily basis with out evident harm. It is common to find mold spores in the air inside homes, and most of the airborne spores found indoors come from out doors sources. Mold spores primarily cause health problems when they are present. Large numbers of people inhale many of them. Air testing can help. This occurs primarily when there is active mold growth within home, office or school where people live and work. People can also be exposed to mold by touching contaminated materials and by eating contaminated foods.


Can Mold become a problem in my home?
Mold will grow and multiply whenever conditions are right –sufficient moisture is available and organic materials are present. Be on the lookout in you home for common sources of indoor moisture that may lead to mold problems:

• Flooding
• Leaky roofs
• Sprinkler sprays hitting the house
• Plumbing leaks
• Overflow from sinks or sewers
• Damp basement or crawl spaces
• Steam from shower or cooking
• Humidifiers
• Wet clothes drying indoors or clothes dryers exhausting indoors

Warping floors and discoloration of walls and ceilings can be indications of moisture problems. Condensation on windows or walls is also an important indication, but it can also be caused by indoor combustion problem. Have fuel-burning appliances routinely inspected by your local utility or professional heating contractor.


Should I be Concerned about mold in my home?
Yes, if indoor mold contamination is extensive, it can cause very high and persistent airborne spore exposures. Persons exposed to high spores levels can become sensitized and develop allergies to the mold or other health problems. Mold growth can damage your furnishings, such as carpets, sofas and cabinets. Clothes and shoes in damp closets can become soiled. In time, unchecked mold growth can cause serious damage to the structural elements in your home.

What symptoms are commonly seen with mold exposure?
Molds produce health effects through inflammation, allergy, or infection. Allergic reactions (often referred to as hay fever) are most common following mold exposure. Typical symptoms that mold-exposed persons report (alone or in combination) include:

• Respiratory problems, such as wheezing, difficulty breathing, and shortness   of breath
• Nasal and sinus congestion
• Eye irritation (burning, watery, or reddened eyes)
• Dry, hacking cough
• Nose or throat irritation

Headaches, memory problems, mood swings, nose bleeds, body aches and pains and fevers are occasionally reported in mold cases, but their cause is not understood.
There are all kinds of molds that can cause these from Black molds, brown molds, green molds and even white molds.

How much mold can make me sick?
It depends. For some people, a relatively small number of mold spores can trigger an asthma attack or lead to other health problems. For other persons, symptoms may occur only when exposure levels are much higher. Nonetheless, indoor mold growth is unsanitary and undesirable. Basically, if you can see or smell mold inside your home, take steps to identify and eliminate the excess moisture and to cleanup and remove the mold.

Who is at greater risk when exposed to mold?
Exposure to mold is not healthy for anyone inside buildings. Therefore, it is always best to identify and correct moisture conditions quickly before mold grows and health problems develop.

Some people may have more severe symptoms or become ill more rapidly than others:
• Individuals with existing respiratory conditions, such as allergies, chemical   sensitivities, or asthma
• Persons with weakened immune systems (Such as people with HIV infection,   cancer chemotherapy patients, and so forth)
• Infants and young children
• The elderly
Air testing is available through superior mold remediation. There are all types of mold, Black mold, green mold, brown mold and even white molds.


/ Home / About us / Services / FAQ / Realtor Resources/ Mold INFO / Contact Us /
black molds
All rights reserved. Copyright © 2020